Cardiometabolic Disease Staging scores can be used to quantify diabetes risk and assess efficacy of weight loss pharmacotherapy in obesity.
Data presented at SLEEP 2017 found that delayed eating was linked to weight gain vs a daytime eating pattern in healthy adults.
Researchers suggest that women with overweight or obesity aim to lose weight before becoming pregnant.
Sulforaphane extract from cruciferous vegetables aids in dysglycemia regulation in patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Obesity negatively affects brain function, particularly in patients with type 2 diabetes.
A linear relationship was identified between weight loss and HbA1c reduction in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Body mass index, waist circumference, and hip circumference were measured to analyze respective associations with increased cancer risks.
Schizophrenia with high BMI is associated with elevated C-reactive protein.
A genome-wide interaction meta-analysis of BMI found that the effects of the FTO gene could be modified with regular physical activity.
After 6 months, patients who used the new "balloon-in-a-pill" for nonsurgical weight loss lost 12.6% of their body weight.
Childhood obesity is linked to long-lasting mental health repercussions, including depression in adulthood.
At 6 months of exercise intervention, physical performance test scores increased 21% in the combination exercise group, while scores in the control group remained largely the same.
Researchers at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System analyzed data for 659 outpatients who completed the iSPOT-D randomized clinical trial.
Patients with overweight or obesity with type 2 diabetes had a lower global mean cortical thickness compared with patients at a normal weight.
Referral to a 12-week open-group behavioral weight loss led to increased weight loss among adults with obesity.
Results were based on data collected from 13 studies examining HIIT vs MICT for improving body composition in obesity.
Patients on HAART may require additional metabolic monitoring for cardiovascular issues.
Postbiotic reduced hepatic insulin resistance in obesity and low-level endotoxemia.
Data from nearly 9000 participants were included in the qualitative synthesis and meta-analysis.
Patients at maximum BMI in overweight, obese I and obese II categories had an increased risk of all-cause death.
Body weight fluctuations can be linked to higher mortality and cardiovascular events, regardless of traditional CV risk factors.
A cross-sectional analysis of participants found that typical BMI criteria may overlook cardiometabolic risk in racial and ethnic minority groups.
Researchers have identified the barriers to school nurse-led implementation of pediatric obesity management guidelines.
Study uses data from the Framingham Offspring Cohort to investigate possible relationships between knee osteoarthritis and components of the metabolic syndrome.
All-cause mortality and cardiovascular death outcomes may be paradoxically improved in obese patients with atrial fibrillation.
Patients who used corticosteroids had a 1.1-fold increased risk of having metabolic syndrome vs. corticosteroid non-users and the likelihood was more pronounced in women than in men.
Moderate, diet-induced weight loss can improve metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors in women with HIV.
Canagliflozin/phentermine (CANA/PHEN) resulted in superior weight loss at 26 weeks in adults without type 2 diabetes.
Higher body mass indices in late adolescent men were associated with increased risk of developing severe liver disease, including hepatocellular carcinoma.
Researchers examined body mass index differences in current, past, and never users of menopausal hormone therapy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes