Obesity Feature Archive
In combination with dietary and physical activity counseling, all semaglutide doses from 0.05-0.4 mg daily were tolerated and resulted in dose-related reductions in body weight among people with obesity without diabetes.
A man with morbid obesity, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea presents with shortness of breath and dyspnea on exertion. What is the next step in care?
Pain management in patients who are obese can be a challenge due to their altered pharmacokinetic profile.
Research increasingly points to obesity and associated comorbidities as potential contributors to Alzheimer disease pathophysiology, suggesting that conditions such as prediabetes and diabetes may be modifiable risk factors.
A man presents to the emergency department having had palpitations for the past week, and he has a medical history of hypertension, obesity, and hyperlipidemia. What's the diagnosis?
The latest CDC findings show that 40% of US adults and 19% of US children are affected by obesity.
Calorie tracker apps are often superior to fitness apps when it comes to increasing weight loss.
A patient notes concerns with vision difficulty 4 years after undergoing a laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch.
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American College of Endocrinology are seeking to eliminate the stigma surrounding the term "obesity" and clarify information about obesity as a disease state.
The comorbid conditions of obesity and atrial fibrillation require better prevention and treatment strategies.
Losing weight is more complex than following a simple diet.
Obesity may affect risk of developing osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, and it has been linked with increased disease activity and adverse clinical outcomes.
A patient came to the clinic to discuss her dizzy spells 4 years after her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
Findings did not establish the prespecified margin of noninferiority after unplanned early termination.
Central obesity in people with normal weight may increase the risk for premature mortality vs BMI-defined overweight or obesity.
Rajiv Narayan, MSc, offers his thoughts on the special series on obesity published in The Lancet and what changes are necessary to fight the disease.
Jennifer N. Clements, PharmD, BCPS, CDE, BCACP, discusses the pros and cons of liraglutide as a new therapy for weight management.
Clinicians should bear some concerns in mind when following the Endocrine Society's recommendations on pharmacological management of obesity.
Bariatric surgery was associated with lower risks for some pregnancy complications and outcomes, but higher risks for others.
Rajiv Narayan, MSc, discusses the top 10 abstracts presented at Obesity Week 2014.
The Endocrine Society has released a clinical practice guideline with recommendations on using drugs to manage obesity and weight loss.
Treatment paradigms for obesity now include medical therapies as well as lifestyle modifications.
ASCO recommendation tasks oncologists with assisting obese patients with cancer in finding appropriate resources for weight management.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Predictors of Success for Insulin-to-Liraglutide Switch for Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Pre-Pregnancy Programs May Improve Outcomes in Women With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- IV Fluid Infusion Rates Do Not Affect Pediatric DKA Neurologic Outcomes
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychiatric Morbidity Decreased After Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk