O-CAL PRENATAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 2500 IU, Vit. C 70mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, thiamine 1.5mg, riboflavin 1.6mg, niacin 17mg, pyridoxine 12mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 12mcg, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iron (as fumarate) 15mg, iodine (as potassium) 150mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 100mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, copper (as sulfate) 2mg; tabs.
Indications for O-CAL PRENATAL:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 tab daily.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D