O-CAL F.A. Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 5000 IU, Vit C. 90mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, thiamine 3mg, riboflavin 3mg, niacin 20mg, pyridoxine 4mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 12mcg, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iron (as fumarate) 66mg, iodine (as potassium) 150mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 100mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, copper (as sulfate) 2mg, sodium fluoride 1.1mg; tabs; sugar- and dye-free.
Indications for O-CAL F.A.:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
1 tablet daily.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis, eczema, atopic dermatitis, urticaria possible with excessive fluoride intake. Account for other sources of fluoride. Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity