O-CAL F.A. Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 5000 IU, Vit C. 90mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, thiamine 3mg, riboflavin 3mg, niacin 20mg, pyridoxine 4mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 12mcg, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iron (as fumarate) 66mg, iodine (as potassium) 150mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 100mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, copper (as sulfate) 2mg, sodium fluoride 1.1mg; tabs; sugar- and dye-free.
Indications for O-CAL F.A.:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
1 tablet daily.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis, eczema, atopic dermatitis, urticaria possible with excessive fluoride intake. Account for other sources of fluoride. Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D