NYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 18mg (original) or 19mg (cherry) per 15mL; original or cherry flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for NYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID:
Cough, sore throat, rhinorrhea, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
30mL every 6hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disoders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
LiquiCaps—12, 20, 40, 60; Liq—6oz, 10oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Testosterone Prescribing Trends in the United States Between 2002 and 2016
- The Future of Food and Drug Regulation: Trump Administration Proposes Reorganization of FDA, USDA
- Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block May Increase Time to First Opioid Request in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment