Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; pwd for oral solution.
Indications for NUTRESTORE:
Short bowel syndrome in conjunction with nutritional support and recombinant human growth hormone therapy.
Take with food at 2–3 hour intervals while awake. 30g/day in divided doses (5g taken 6 times daily) for up to 16 weeks; may delay dose up to 2 hours if transiently intolerant to oral intake.
Not for parenteral use. Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Infection, GI events (eg, tenesmus, flatulence), fever, depression, headache, hypoesthesia, pruritus, nail disorder.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity