Generic Name and Formulations:
Pimavanserin 10mg; tabs.
Indications for NUPLAZID:
Treatment of hallucinations and delusions associated with Parkinson's disease (PD) psychosis.
34mg once daily without titration. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: 10mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers: monitor and dose increase may be needed.
Increased mortality in elderly patients with dementia-related psychosis.
Elderly with dementia-related psychosis: increased risk of death. Not for treating patients with dementia-related psychosis unrelated to the hallucinations/delusions associated with PD psychosis. Avoid in patients with known or congenital QT prolongation, history of cardiac arrhythmias, symptomatic bradycardia, hypokalemia, or hypomagnesemia. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min), ESRD. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, indinavir); see Adults. Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort). Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong QT interval including Class 1A (eg, quinidine, procainamide, disopyramide) or Class 3 antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, sotalol), certain antipsychotics (eg, ziprasidone, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), and certain antibiotics (eg, gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin).
Peripheral edema, confusional state, nausea, hallucination, constipation, gait disturbance.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity