Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Indications for NOR-QD:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Do physical exams at least annually. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48 hours if taken 3 hours or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenobarbital, rifampin).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, mastodynia, headache, nausea, dizziness; androgenic effects (rare).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D