Nizatidine Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nizatidine 150mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nizatidine Capsules:
Active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcer. Benign gastric ulcer. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): including heartburn and erosive and ulcerative esophagitis.
Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer: 300mg daily at bedtime or 150mg twice daily, both for up to 8 weeks. Maintenance: 150mg daily at bedtime. GERD: 150mg twice daily for up to 12 weeks. Renal impairment: see literature.
Rule out malignant gastric ulceration. Renal insufficiency, reduce dose (see literature). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May elevate serum salicylate levels in high-dose aspirin patients.
Headache, anemia, diarrhea, dizziness, sweating, rhinitis, urticaria.
Formerly known under the brand name Axid.
Caps—contact supplier; Soln—480mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D