Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.3mg, 0.4mg, 0.6mg; sublingual tabs.
Indications for NITROSTAT:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Use lowest effective dose. Treatment: 1 tab sublingually or in buccal pouch at onset, may repeat in 5mins; max 3 tabs in 15mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10mins before activity.
Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure (eg, cerebral hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury). Acute circulatory failure or shock. Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators (eg, riociguat).
Constrictive pericarditis, aortic or mitral stenosis, volume-depleted, hypotensive: increased risk of severe hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not studied.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat. Avoid ergotamine and related drugs.
Headache, dizziness, paresthesia, vertigo, weakness, palpitation, postural hypotension, syncope, flushing, rash, exfoliative dermatitis.
Tabs 0.4mg—4 x 25, 100; 0.3mg, 0.6mg—100
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Testosterone Prescribing Trends in the United States Between 2002 and 2016
- The Future of Food and Drug Regulation: Trump Administration Proposes Reorganization of FDA, USDA
- Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block May Increase Time to First Opioid Request in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment