Generic Name and Formulations:
Vinorelbine (as tartrate) 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; preservative-free.
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NAVELBINE:
First-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), in combination with cisplatin. As a single agent, for the treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 6–10mins. Monotherapy: 30mg/m2 once weekly. Combination therapy: 25mg/m2 on Days 1, 8, 15, and 21 of a 28-day cycle with cisplatin given on Day 1 of each 28-day cycle; or 30mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin given on Days 1 and 29, then every 6 weeks. Dose adjustment for toxicities, hepatic impairment: see full labeling.
Pretreatment granulocyte counts <1000 cells/mm3.
Risk of myelosuppression. Monitor for infection, and/or fever; obtain CBCs with differentials prior to each dose. Discontinue if neurotoxicity ≥grade 2. Pre-existing pulmonary dysfunction or neuropathy. Hepatic injury or impairment: assess hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid extravasation. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraception during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors. Increased risk of granulocytopenia with cisplatin.
Neutropenia, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, nausea, vomiting, asthenia, constipation, inj site reaction, peripheral neuropathy; hepatotoxicity, bowel obstruction, paralytic ileus.
Single-use vial (1mL, 5mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight