Highlights from the 99th Annual Meeting & Expo of the Endocrine Society.
Lorraine Fitzpatrick, MD, discusses updated results from the ACTIVE phase 3 clinical trial.
Nancy E. Lane, MD, professor of medicine, at the University of California at Davis School of Medicine, discusses results from the phase 3 ACTIVE trial.
Marie E. McDonnell, MD, of Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, discusses implementing effective behavior change for patients with diabetes.
Watch Christopher Thompson, MD, of Brigham and Women's Hospital, explain the minimally invasive endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty procedure for weight loss.
Jeff Williamson, MD, MHS, discusses results from the SPRINT trial comparing intensive blood pressure targets with standard blood pressure targets in elderly patients with hypertension.
Charlotte Ling, PhD, of Lund University Diabetes Centre, Malmö, Sweden, discusses how epigenetic changes affect insulin secretion and action in type 2 diabetes.
Allison Goldfine, MD, discusses how bariatric surgery may help patients with type 2 diabetes achieve disease remission.
Derek LeRoith, MD, PhD, of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York, talks about new therapies for type 2 diabetes at ENDO 2016.
Robert Eckel, MD, discusses lipid management in the era of PCSK9 inhibitors at AACE 2016.
Varying degrees of alcohol consumption affect every major organ system.
The American Thyroid Association recently published updated evidence-based guidelines for diagnosing and managing adults with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid ...
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Gestational Diabetes Risk May Be Reduced With Probiotics
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapy Intensification: Part I: Insulin vs GLP-1 Agonists
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 2017 Meeting Preview
- Driving Risk Assessment for Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes Therapy Intensification: Part II: GLP-1 Agonist Adverse Effects and Fixed-Ratio Combinations
- Achieving Low HbA1c Levels Benefited Metformin Initiators
- Gestational Diabetes Incidence Did Not Decrease With Inositol Therapy
- Functional Hypothalamic Amenorrhea Diagnosis and Treatment Guidelines Released
- Anticholinergic Medications May Increase Dementia Risk in Diabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Rates Differ by Race, Ethnicity in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome