Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, glycerin, benzyl alcohol, sodium saccharin, Carbomer Homopolymer A, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, polysorbate 60 and phosphoric acid; mucoadhesive oral wound rinse.
Indications for MUGARD:
For the management of oral mucositis/stomatitis and all types of oral wounds, including aphthous ulcers/canker sores and traumatic ulcers.
Pour 5mL into mouth and rinse entire oral cavity for 30–60 seconds, or longer. May use up to 10mL to fully coat inside of mouth. After rinsing, expel or swallow. Repeat 4–6 times/day. Avoid eating or drinking at least 1 hour after rinsing.
Do not dilute. Pregnancy.
Must enroll with Bioscrip Specialty Pharmacy for patient to receive product: (877) 350-3035.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity