Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, glycerin, benzyl alcohol, sodium saccharin, Carbomer Homopolymer A, potassium hydroxide, citric acid, polysorbate 60 and phosphoric acid; mucoadhesive oral wound rinse.
Indications for MUGARD:
For the management of oral mucositis/stomatitis and all types of oral wounds, including aphthous ulcers/canker sores and traumatic ulcers.
Pour 5mL into mouth and rinse entire oral cavity for 30–60 seconds, or longer. May use up to 10mL to fully coat inside of mouth. After rinsing, expel or swallow. Repeat 4–6 times/day. Avoid eating or drinking at least 1 hour after rinsing.
Do not dilute. Pregnancy.
Must enroll with Bioscrip Specialty Pharmacy for patient to receive product: (877) 350-3035.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight