MIOCHOL E Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetylcholine chloride 20mg, mannitol 56mg; per vial; pwd for reconstitution into intraocular soln.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MIOCHOL E:
To obtain miosis of the iris in seconds after delivery of the lens in cataract surgery, in penetrating keratoplasty, iridectomy and other anterior segment surgery where rapid miosis may be required.
Prepare soln immediately before use. Syringe filter has priming volume of 0.6mL. Instill into the anterior chamber before or after securing one or more sutures. 0.5–2mL produces satisfactory miosis.
Open under aseptic conditions only.
May be antagonized by topical NSAIDs.
Ocular effects (eg, corneal edema/clouding/decompensation); rare: systemic effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, flushing, breathing difficulties, sweating).
Blister pack—1 (vial + electrolyte diluent + sterile filter)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Predictors of Weight Loss in Postpartum Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D