Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for METROGEL-VAGINAL:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Abstain from vaginal intercourse during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Superinfection, local irritation, GI discomfort/upset, headache, abnormal taste, dizziness, decreased appetite, change in WBC counts.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- AUA: New Guidelines for Diagnosis, Management of Testosterone Deficiency
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin May Improve Renal Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Accuracy of Novel Implantable Continuous Glucose Monitoring Device Assessed
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis