Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; vaginal gel; contains parabens.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Self-Administered Contraceptive Vaginal System Approved for Up to 1 Year of Use
- No Additional Benefits With Vaginal Estradiol Tablets, Moisturizers for Postmenopausal Vulvovaginal Symptoms
Indications for METROGEL-VAGINAL:
One applicatorful once daily at bedtime, or twice daily, for 5 days.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs develop. CNS or hepatic disease. Abstain from vaginal intercourse during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant alcohol. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium. May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Superinfection, local irritation, GI discomfort/upset, headache, abnormal taste, dizziness, decreased appetite, change in WBC counts.
Gel—70g (w. applicators)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity