MESTINON SYRUP Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyridostigmine bromide 60mg/5mL; raspberry flavor; alcohol 5%.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MESTINON SYRUP:
Usually: 600mg daily in divided doses.
Intestinal or urinary obstruction.
Bronchial asthma. Monitor for cholinergic and myasthenic crisis, differentiate and treat (see literature). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Reversal of nondepolarizing muscle relaxants. Antagonized by atropine.
GI upset, increased salivation and bronchial secretions, miosis and diaphoresis, muscle cramps, fasciculation and weakness.
Tabs—100, 500; Syrup—pt; Timespan—100
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally