Researchers examined body mass index differences in current, past, and never users of menopausal hormone therapy.
HRT in postmenopausal women was linked to lower CAC scores and a lower risk of long-term, all-cause mortality.
Severe anxiety was independently associated with poor quality of life in postmenopausal patients.
Data from the Nurses' Health Studies were analyzed to determine if there is a link between seropositive and seronegative rheumatoid arthritis and age of menopause onset.
For women with HIV, anti-Müllerian hormone is associated with age of menopause onset.
Women in the menopausal transition and early postmenopause are at higher risk for depressive symptoms and negative mood than those in late postmenopause.
Menopausal status is associated with accelerated lung function decline.
The FDA recently approved Intrarosa (prasterone) for moderate to severe pain during sexual intercourse due to menopause.
The use of menopausal hormone therapy was associated with improved bone mineral density and better bone microarchitecture.
Half of women treated with acupuncture report a decline in the frequency of menopausal vasomotor symptoms, according to a study published in Menopause.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher Complications, Comorbidities in Youth With Type 2 Versus Type 1 Diabetes
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 3/24/17
- Hepatitis B Therapy Associated With Abnormal Bone Metabolism
- Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday Increases Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Diabetes Risk in Elderly Women Increased by Statin Use
- Do Gluten-Free Diets Elevate Type 2 Diabetes Risk?
- Fitbit Pitfalls: Electronic Tracking Devices May Not Provide Increased Weight Loss Benefits
- Differential Adverse Renal Effects With Dapagliflozin, Empagliflozin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Preoperative Glargine Dosing May Affect Perioperative Glycemic Control
- Q&A: Obtaining Informed Consent in Clinical Research
- Canagliflozin/Phentermine Results in Superior Weight Loss in Obesity Without Diabetes
- ENDO 2017: What To Watch For
- Metabolic Bone Toxicity Possible With Certain Hepatitis Antivirals
- Comparative Accuracy of Statin Eligbility Guidelines From the USPSTF, ACC/AHA for African Americans
- Revisiting the Legality of Curbside Consults in Clinical Practice