Age significantly affected the association between hot flash status and flow-mediated dilation, particularly in younger women.
The fewer menstrual cycles women had over a lifetime placed them at greater risk for incident heart failure.
Research results indicate that more randomized clinical trials are needed to examine the relationship between hearing loss and oral hormone replacement therapy.
After 24 months, bone mineral density was statistically different from baseline.
Serum samples, spirometry, and questionnaire data were collected from nearly 1500 women to determine if menopausal status affected lung function.
Findings in postmenopausal women with T2DM; correlations prominent in those with higher 25(OH)D
Researchers examined body mass index differences in current, past, and never users of menopausal hormone therapy.
HRT in postmenopausal women was linked to lower CAC scores and a lower risk of long-term, all-cause mortality.
Severe anxiety was independently associated with poor quality of life in postmenopausal patients.
Data from the Nurses' Health Studies were analyzed to determine if there is a link between seropositive and seronegative rheumatoid arthritis and age of menopause onset.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Should Be Individualized Based on Eye Health, Glycated Hemoglobin
- USPSTF: No Thyroid Cancer Screening in Asymptomatic Adults
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 5/19/17
- Fewer Menstrual Cycles May Lead to Increased Risk for Heart Failure
- Efficacy of Daily vs Weekly Levothyroxine for Hypothyroidism
- Liraglutide Plus Metformin Leads to Remission in New-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Comorbid Congestive Heart Failure Linked to Worse Outcomes When Receiving Parenteral Nutrition
- Early Insulin Therapy Improves Type 2 Diabetes Care
- Gestational Diabetes Risk May Be Reduced With Probiotics
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy May Protect Against Stroke, Heart Attack in Hypogonadism
- Frequent Hot Flashes Worsened Endothelial Function in Younger Midlife Women
- Increased Lifetime Risk of Depression In Children With Obesity
- Collaborative Care With Pharmacist Benefits Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- CDC: Successful Start to National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Does Aerobic-Resistance Exercise Benefit Seniors With Obesity?