Generic Name and Formulations:
Aluminum hydroxide 225mg, magnesium hydroxide 200mg; per 5mL; liq; mint, lemon or cherry flavor.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for MAALOX:
Heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach, upset stomach.
10–20mL 4 times daily.
Impaired renal function (aluminum/magnesium forms).
Reduces absorption of tetracyclines, possibly other drugs.
Susp (mint)—5oz, 12oz, 26oz; Susp (lemon, cherry)—12oz, 26oz; Therapeutic Conc—12oz; Tabs (berry, wintergreen)—45, 85; Tabs (lemon)—30, 45, 85; Max Str tabs—35, 65; Max Str susp (lemon)—5oz, 12oz, 26oz; Max Str susp (mint, cherry)—12oz, 26oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Admelog Short-Acting Insulin Lispro Injection
- Fertility Hormone Therapy and Cardiovascular Outcomes: What We Know
- Effects of Peer Influence in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- More Evidence That Saxagliptin Does Not Increase Risk for AMI in Diabetes
- One-Hour Glucose Readings Predict T2D Risk Better Than 2-Hour Measurements
- FDA: Vitamin B7 May Interfere With Lab Tests for Hormone Levels
- Injected and Oral Medications Equally Safe for Gestational Diabetes
- Adjunctive Dapagliflozin Improves Glycemic Control in T1D
- Estradiol Therapy May Benefit Overall Cognition in Postmenopausal Women
- Stopping Postmenopausal HT May Increase Risk for Cardiac, Stroke Death
- Psychosocial Benefits of a Bihormonal Bionic Pancreas System in T1D
- Safety of Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Diabetes
- Oral Insulin Not a Reliable Preventive Strategy for Type 1 Diabetes
- Prevention of Bone Mineral Density Loss Needed in Epilepsy
- Gastric Bypass Blunts B-Cell Sensitivity During Glycemia