Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosulfan blue 10mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LYMPHAZURIN:
An adjunct to lymphography (in primary and secondary lymphedema of the extremities; chyluria, chylous ascites or chylothorax; lymph node involvement by primary or secondary neoplasm; and lymph node response to therapeutic modalities) for visualization of the lymphatic system draining the region of injection.
Give by SC inj. 0.5mL into 3 interdigital spaces of each extremity per study. Max dose 3mL (30mg).
Hypersensitivity to triphenylmethane.
Have emergency equipment available for at least 30–60 minutes after injection. Urine color may be blue for 24hrs post administration. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with local anesthetics (eg, lidocaine) in the same syringe; precipitation results.
Local reactions, pruritus; anaphylaxis possible.
Single-dose vial (5mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally