The relationship between circadian rhythm and sleep measures and components of metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorder.
Investigators sought to determine whether serum lipid levels were associated with depression in patients with psychotic disorders.
Abnormal ratios of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids were associated with the presence of bipolar disorder and the severity and duration of major depressive disorder.
Dutasteride therapy for benign prostatic hyperlasia has been linked to elevated HbA1c and LDL cholesterol.
Patients with statin intolerance had a 36% higher rate of recurrent MI compared to those with high statin adherence.
Women experienced the same CV benefits in statin trials, despite having slightly elevated on-treatment LDL cholesterol.
Risk of both ischemic stroke and coronary heart disease was elevated with high triglycerides and low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Low levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol appear to be well tolerated on alirocumab therapy.
Too few American young adults are receiving needed statin medications, according to findings published in JAMA Cardiology.
Fenofibrate therapy may reduce cardiovascular disease (CVD) in statin-treated patients with diabetes and dyslipidemia.
Oxidized low-density lipoprotein (ox-LDL) as a proxy for oxidative stress is associated with metabolic syndrome and its components.
Healthier diets may be a factor in the ongoing decline in cholesterol levels for Americans.
Women and minorities with HIV are less frequently tested for dyslipidemia, according to a new study from IDWeek 2016.
A mean 51% reduction in LDL cholesterol was seen in the group assigned to the 300 mg dose of inclisiran.
An analysis of more than 80,000 Chinese participants found that all alcohol consumption slowed the decline of HDL cholesterol in the body.
Antihypertensive drugs and rosuvastatin did not prevent or worsen cognitive decline in those at intermediate risk for CVD.
For patients with type 1 diabetes, the correlation between PCSK9 and LDL cholesterol is only seen in the highest tertile for HbA1c.
As children age, the impact of changes in HbA1c and BMI on LDL cholesterol and non-HDL cholesterol levels increases.
Low and high levels of HDL cholesterol are linked to increased mortality risk, according to a study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
Screening for hypercholesterolemia is feasible at routine child immunization visits in primary care practices.
Statins can interact with other drugs prescribed for cardiovascular disease, but there are ways to navigate the issue.
Even if the impact of a given medication on lipid profile is relatively minimal, and therefore unlikely to independently affect ASCVD risk, the cumulative effect is important and cannot be overlooked.
Levels of triglycerides and HDL cholesterol are independent risk factors for chronic diabetic kidney disease in type 2 diabetes.
A range of pharmacologic agents have a potential role in the management of NAFLD.
LDL cholesterol-lowering genetic variants are associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes, according to a meta-analysis published in JAMA.
Treatments other than statins also can effectively reduce cardiovascular (CV) risk, according to a review and meta-analysis published in the JAMA.
At week 52, all subgroups saw a change in levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
The researchers found larger absolute benefits for prolonged therapy and also noted that benefits outweigh rare cases of adverse events.
For patients with primary hypercholesterolemia, fixed-dose combination of ezetimibe plus rosuvastatin is more effective than rosuvastatin alone.
For patients with familial hypercholesterolemia or atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, PCSK9 inhibitor use is not cost-effective.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care