A healthy lifestyle for lowering cholesterol should be emphasized for reducing cardiovascular risk across the life course.
Icosapent Ethyl Reduces Ischemic Event Risk in Patients With Hypertriglyceridemia Despite Statin Use
The risk for the primary composite endpoint was significantly lowered by 25% among patients who received 2g of icosapent ethyl twice daily vs those who received placebo.
Evolocumab consistently reduced LDL-C with no increase in adverse events over a 5-year study period.
The data showed MAEs onset was significantly faster with atorvastatin and rosuvastatin compared with simvastatin; a comparison with other statins could not be established due to the small number of cases identified.
First-year nonadherence and discontinuation are high among older adults prescribed statins.
Early detection of lipidome characteristics could help identify the early onset of type 2 diabetes.
Statin therapy is associated with reduced mitochondrial complex II-linked respiration, and statin-induced myalgia is coupled to an increased intrinsic mitochondrial respiratory function, while intramuscular [coenzyme Q10] levels are unaltered.
There is a lack of convincing evidence for an association between statin use and noncardiovascular disease outcomes.
Hyperglycemia, obesity, and hypertriglyceridemia in type 2 diabetes are negatively related to indices of cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy.
Investigators analyze characteristics of participants with acquired partial lipodystrophy who developed severe metabolic abnormalities.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- ADA Issues Position Statement on Comprehensive Care for Pediatric T2D
- Multiple Daily Injections vs Insulin Pump Therapy in Pregnant Women With T1D
- Acute and Persistent Prothrombic Effects Observed With Antecedent Hypoglycemia in T2D
- High Free T4 Levels Within Reference Range Associated With Atrial Fibrillation
- Consensus Guidelines Reinforce Healthy Living for Lowering Cholesterol
- Exposure to Maternal Diabetes Increases Risk for ADHD in Offspring
- Pharmacist-Led Intervention Reduces Inappropriate Prescriptions for Older Adults
- Genetic Test Helps Differentiate Benign vs Malignant Thyroid Nodules