There has been a substantial increase in the percentage of patients with high cholesterol over age 60 years taking lipid-lowering medications from 2005 to 2016, but such increases have not been seen among younger patients with high cholesterol.
The relationship between circadian rhythm and sleep measures and components of metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorder.
Investigators revised pooled cohort equations to improve clinical accuracy to predict risk for cardiovascular disease.
Investigators examine the effects of the PCSK9 inhibitor alirocumab in patients with recent acute coronary syndrome and diabetes.
Investigators examined cardiovascular outcomes in patients with elevated triglyceridemia and diabetes treated with statins.
To understand the mechanism underlying the benefit of fenofibrate on vascular complications in patients with type 2 diabetes, investigators assessed carotid intima thickness as a marker of subclinical atherosclerosis.
Investigators sought to determine whether serum lipid levels were associated with depression in patients with psychotic disorders.
For this study, researchers investigated the pharmacodynamics of evolocumab in two Phase 2 placebo-controlled studies (MENDEL and LAPLACE-TIMI 57) in order to determine which dosing regimens provided the most consistent LDL-C reduction.
Using both public and private health insurance claims data, investigators conducted a retrospective cohort study to assess cardiovascular risk in the setting of diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
Statins were associated with a reduction in mortality but there was no significant difference in the composite end point with fenofibrates alone or in combination with statins.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture