Lindane Lotion Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Lindane Lotion:
Treatment of scabies in patients who have failed on, or are intolerant of, other therapies. Not for prophylactic use.
Adults and Children:
Treat once only. Use least amount to cover body. <110lbs: not recommended. ≥110lbs: average size adult: 30mL; larger adult: max 60mL. Apply sparingly to dry skin; leave on for 8–12 hours then wash off thoroughly.
Uncontrolled seizure disorders. Premature infants. Norwegian (crusted) scabies, other skin conditions (eg, eczema, psoriasis, broken skin) that may increase absorption.
Potential CNS toxicity if absorbed. Children, infants, elderly, patients <110lbs: increased neurotoxicity risk. Seizure risk (eg, history of head trauma, prior seizures, CNS tumor, HIV infection, hepatic cirrhosis, abrupt alcohol/sedative withdrawal). Itching may occur or worsen after successful treatment; do not retreat. Avoid eyes. Do not swallow or misuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Systemic absorption and toxicity may be increased by oils, creams, ointments. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, antipsychotics, antidepressants, quinolones, theophylline, cyclosporine).
Irritation, post-treatment pruritus, CNS stimulation (eg, dizziness, convulsions).
Formerly known under the brand names Gamene, Kwell, Scabene.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy Slows Cognitive Decline in Postmenopausal Women
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Effect of Infant Feeding Practices and Gut Microbiota on Overweight in First Year
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Cleared Blood Glucose Monitor Systems Not Always Accurate
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States