Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorambucil 2mg; tabs.
Indications for LEUKERAN:
Palliative treatment of chronic lymphatic (lymphocytic) leukemia and malignant lymphomas (including lymphosarcoma, giant follicular lymphoma, and Hodgkin's disease).
See literature. 0.1–0.2mg/kg per day for 3–6 weeks. Reduce dose if leukocyte or platelet counts fall below normal values and discontinue if more severe depression occurs. Do not give full dose within 4 weeks of radio- or chemotherapy.
Compromised bone marrow function. History of seizure disorder or head trauma. Monitor blood weekly (during first 3–6 weeks, do WBC count 3–4 days after each weekly CBC). Discontinue if skin reactions occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Myelosuppressives, radiotherapy potentiate antineoplastic effect. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold.
Bone marrow suppression, seizures, fever, rash, hypersensitivity, urticaria, azoospermia, amenorrhea, sterility, hepato- and pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies, GI upset.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight