Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorambucil 2mg; tabs.
Indications for LEUKERAN:
Palliative treatment of chronic lymphatic (lymphocytic) leukemia and malignant lymphomas (including lymphosarcoma, giant follicular lymphoma, and Hodgkin's disease).
See literature. 0.1–0.2mg/kg per day for 3–6 weeks. Reduce dose if leukocyte or platelet counts fall below normal values and discontinue if more severe depression occurs. Do not give full dose within 4 weeks of radio- or chemotherapy.
Compromised bone marrow function. History of seizure disorder or head trauma. Monitor blood weekly (during first 3–6 weeks, do WBC count 3–4 days after each weekly CBC). Discontinue if skin reactions occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Myelosuppressives, radiotherapy potentiate antineoplastic effect. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold.
Bone marrow suppression, seizures, fever, rash, hypersensitivity, urticaria, azoospermia, amenorrhea, sterility, hepato- and pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies, GI upset.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity