LAMISIL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Terbinafine HCl 250mg.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for LAMISIL TABLETS:
Onychomycosis of the toenail or fingernail due to tinea unguium.
250mg once daily for 6 weeks (fingernail) or 12 weeks (toenail).
Chronic or active liver disease.
Onychomycosis: confirm diagnosis with nail specimen. Pre-existing hepatic disease or renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): not recommended. Perform LFTs prior to and periodically during treatment. Discontinue if hepatic injury, progressive skin rash (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, DRESS), taste/smell disturbances, severe neutropenia (neutrophils ≤1000 cells/mm3), thrombotic microangiopathy occurs, or if lupus erythematosus is suspected. Monitor CBCs if immunodeficient. Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cimetidine. Antagonized by rifampin. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, beta-blockers). May be potentiated by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, ketoconazole, amiodarone). Potentiates caffeine. Antagonizes cyclosporine.
Headache, diarrhea, rash, dyspepsia, liver enzyme abnormalities, pruritus, taste disturbances, nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, urticaria; also children: nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, upper respiratory infection; rare: hepatotoxicity, depressive symptoms, smell disturbances.
Tabs—30, 100; Packets—14, 42
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D