LAMISIL TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Terbinafine HCl 250mg.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for LAMISIL TABLETS:
Onychomycosis of the toenail or fingernail due to tinea unguium.
250mg once daily for 6 weeks (fingernail) or 12 weeks (toenail).
Chronic or active liver disease.
Onychomycosis: confirm diagnosis with nail specimen. Pre-existing hepatic disease or renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): not recommended. Perform LFTs prior to and periodically during treatment. Discontinue if hepatic injury, progressive skin rash (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, DRESS), taste/smell disturbances, severe neutropenia (neutrophils ≤1000 cells/mm3), thrombotic microangiopathy occurs, or if lupus erythematosus is suspected. Monitor CBCs if immunodeficient. Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cimetidine. Antagonized by rifampin. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, beta-blockers). May be potentiated by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, ketoconazole, amiodarone). Potentiates caffeine. Antagonizes cyclosporine.
Headache, diarrhea, rash, dyspepsia, liver enzyme abnormalities, pruritus, taste disturbances, nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, urticaria; also children: nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, upper respiratory infection; rare: hepatotoxicity, depressive symptoms, smell disturbances.
Tabs—30, 100; Packets—14, 42
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D