Generic Name and Formulations:
Lipase 1200 Units, amylase 30000 Units, protease 30000 Units; caps.
Indications for KUTRASE:
Symptomatic treatment of digestive dysfunction.
May be opened and sprinkled on food. 1 cap with meals or snacks.
Glaucoma. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony. Unstable cardiovascular status. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon. Myasthenia gravis. Acute pancreatic conditions. Pork allergy.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea (may indicate obstruction). Autonomic neuropathy. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease (esp. tachycardia). CHF. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Renal disease. Hiatal hernia associated with reflux esophagitis. Avoid inhaling contents of caps. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant antacids.
Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, other anticholinergic effects, suppression of lactation, paradoxical excitement, diarrhea.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity