Generic Name and Formulations:
Lipase 1200 Units, amylase 30000 Units, protease 30000 Units; caps.
Indications for KUTRASE:
Symptomatic treatment of digestive dysfunction.
May be opened and sprinkled on food. 1 cap with meals or snacks.
Glaucoma. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony. Unstable cardiovascular status. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon. Myasthenia gravis. Acute pancreatic conditions. Pork allergy.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea (may indicate obstruction). Autonomic neuropathy. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease (esp. tachycardia). CHF. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Renal disease. Hiatal hernia associated with reflux esophagitis. Avoid inhaling contents of caps. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant antacids.
Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, other anticholinergic effects, suppression of lactation, paradoxical excitement, diarrhea.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity