Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for KOVALTRY:
In patients with Hemophilia A: to treat and control bleeding episodes, for perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 1–15mins. Bleeding: Minor: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; may repeat every 12–24hrs for ≥1 day until resolved or healing is achieved; Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; may repeat every 12–24hrs for 3–4 days until pain and acute disability resolved; Major: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; may repeat every 8–24hrs until resolved. Perioperative: Minor (pre- and post-op): obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; may repeat every 24hrs for ≥1 day until healed; Major (pre- and post-op): obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; may repeat every 8–24hrs until adequately healed, then continue for ≥7 days to maintain Factor VIII activity of 30–60%. Routine prophylaxis: >12yrs: 20–40 IU/kg 2–3 times weekly; ≤12yrs: 25–50 IU/kg 2–3 times weekly or every other day according to requirements.
Mouse or hamster protein sensitivity.
Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Cardiovascular disease or risk factors. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Headache, pyrexia, pruritus, inj site reactions, rash; antibody formation, catheter-related infections.
Kit—1 (vial w. diluent and adapter)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally