KAOPECTATE LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; regular (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), peppermint (contains K+ 5mg, Na+ 10mg), and cherry flavor (contains Na+ 10mg).
Indications for KAOPECTATE LIQUID:
30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed. Max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Sodium-restricted diet. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Liq (regular, peppermint)—8oz, 12oz; Liq (cherry)—6oz; Extra strength liq—8oz, 12oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity