Physicians using gene expression classifier testing said that in 86% of cases, identifying a benign result through testing and potentially avoiding surgery improved patient safety.
Second primary malignancies among patients with post-Chernobyl papillary thyroid cancer include hematological malignancies, breast carcinoma, cervical carcinoma, and colon carcinomas.
Thyroid function improved after the researchers placed the child on levothyroxine and supplemented his diet with iodized salt and a multivitamin containing iodine.
Genetic alterations were found in both cancerous and benign samples.
Patients had reduced left middle hippocampus and right anterior hippocampus activity when judging word pairs.
Results in this expanded series reaffirm the data in the pilot study and show a 5-year overall survival rate of 43%.
Patients with medullary thyroid cancer taking cabonzantinib lived more than 2 years longer if their tumors had a RET mutation.
New results show no significant associations between dietary habits and thyroid cancer risk.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified