Generic Name and Formulations:
Romidepsin 10mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; contains povidone.
Indications for ISTODAX:
Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma in patients who have received at least one prior systemic therapy. Peripheral T-cell lymphoma in patients who have received at least one prior therapy.
≥18yrs: Give by IV infusion over 4hrs. 14mg/m2 on days 1, 8, and 15 of a 28-day cycle; repeat cycle every 28 days; continue as tolerated and as beneficial. May interrupt, reduce dose to 10mg/m2, or discontinue based on toxicities (see full labeling).
<18yrs: not established.
Increased risk of serious infections (eg, pneumonia, sepsis, Epstein Barr, HBV). Prior history of hep B infection; consider monitoring for reactivation and give antiviral prophylaxis. Correct electrolyte imbalances (esp. K+, Mg++) before starting. Monitor ECG and electrolytes in congenital long QT syndrome, significant cardiovascular disease. Advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome: monitor closely for tumor lysis syndrome. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment. End-stage renal disease. Monitor CBC with differential. Pregnancy (Cat.D; may cause fetal harm). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Caution with other drugs that can cause QT prolongation (monitor). Monitor PT/INR with warfarin. Potentiated by drugs that inhibit P-gp and CYP3A4; avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, azole antifungals, protease inhibitors, clarithromycin, telithromycin, nefazodone). Caution with moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors. Avoid concomitant rifampin. May be antagonized by other strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, dexamethasone, carbamazepine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, rifabutin, rifapentine, St. John’s Wort); avoid when possible.
Neutropenia, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, infections, anorexia, ECG T-wave changes; tumor lysis syndrome.
Kit—1 (single-use vial + diluent and supplies)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Most Common Bariatric Procedures Examined
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D
- High Circulating Prolactin Concentrations May Lower Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Online Tool Helps Patients With Advance Care Planning
- Dapagliflozin Lowers Heart Failure Hospitalization Rates in High-Risk Patients With Diabetes
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Reduced Risk for Incident T2D in Patients With Hepatitis C Infection
- Technological Breakthroughs in Medicine Move Physician-Patient Interactions From The Computer Screen Back to the Exam Room