Predicted probability of conception was not significantly lower for women with low antimüllerian hormone vs those with normal hormone levels.
Consumption of up to 14 units per week had no effect on fertility for women trying to conceive.
For women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) seeking infertility treatment, the use of frozen embryos rather than fresh appears to improve the chances for a successful pregnancy.
Patients undergoing fertility treatment often suffer symptoms of depression or anxiety, but few get any formal help.
Time to pregnancy was longer for couples in which the male partner had higher urinary paracetamol concentrations.
Lifestyle intervention preceding infertility treatment does not increase vaginal birth rates in obese women.
The BRCA1 mutation may speed the aging of a woman's ovaries.
Cryopresrvation, ovarian transplantion, and ovarian stimulation represent significant advances in the study of fertility preservation.
A 3D-printed ovarian prosthesis restored the female hormone cycle and supported natural ovulation in mice.
Five US registry-based studies showed that black, Hispanic, and Asian women had lower clinical pregnancy rates after IVF compared with white women.
Eating soy regularly may protect women who are undergoing infertility treatment from poor success due to BPA exposure.
For a small number of women with a rare form of infertility, mutations in a the TUBB8 gene may be the cause
Selective estrogen receptor modulators may offer a viable treatment option for men with secondary hypogonadism.
Minimal stimulation in vitro fertilization (mini-IVF) is associated with reduced live birth rates compared with conventional IVF.
Children conceived through infertility treatment are no more likely to experience developmental delays than those conceived without the treatment.
Active smoking and secondhand smoke exposure increases the risk for infertility and natural menopause before age 50.
Men with infertility had significantly increased risks for diabetes, ischemic heart disease, alcohol abuse, and drug abuse.
Prenatal exposure to oil and gas chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing could cause reproductive health problems.
Clinical pregnancy rate was lower for non-white women who underwent elective single embryo transfer.
One study finds increasing age has no effect, while another shows younger men have declining sperm quality.
Study suggests potential migration of endometrial cells to the brain.
Diets with high fat content could negatively affect fertility in both men and women.
NCI-Designated Cancer Centers often do not provide information about the effects of cancer treatment on male fertility.
Eating more protein may lower testosterone levels in women.
Research suggests that deficient DNA DSB repair functions in BRCA carriers may lead to premature egg depletion.
Researchers assess a new technique to save fertility in wounded warriors after blast injuries.
The effect appears to work regardless of when in a woman's menstrual cycle sex occurs.
However, there was also lower frequency of live birth, compared with gonadotropin.
Early retrieval can help avoid premature follicular luteinization in older women undergoing IVF.
IVF using cryopreserved donor oocytes was linked to lower cancellation rates and live birth rates.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Improving Vascular Function in Pediatric T1D With Metformin
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation