IMODIUM A-D LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 1mg/5mL; cherry-mint flavor; contains alcohol 0.5%.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM A-D LIQUID:
Acute: Initially 4mg, then 2mg after each loose stool; max 16mg/day. Stop after 48 hours if ineffective. Chronic: initially 4mg; maintenance 4–8mg/day. Reevaluate if no improvement after 10 days at 16mg/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. 24–47lbs (2–5yrs): 1mg up to 3 times daily for 2 days (use liq). 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): initially 2mg, then 1mg after each loose stool; max 4mg/day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): initially 2mg, then 1mg after each loose stool; max 6mg/day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Most Common Bariatric Procedures Examined
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D
- High Circulating Prolactin Concentrations May Lower Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Online Tool Helps Patients With Advance Care Planning
- Dapagliflozin Lowers Heart Failure Hospitalization Rates in High-Risk Patients With Diabetes
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Reduced Risk for Incident T2D in Patients With Hepatitis C Infection
- Technological Breakthroughs in Medicine Move Physician-Patient Interactions From The Computer Screen Back to the Exam Room