Tirosint-SOL (levothyroxine sodium oral solution) should be available within the next 6 months.
Women with subclinical hypothyroidism who undergo thyroid hormone treatment have a decreased risk of pregnancy loss, but may experience other pregnancy-related adverse outcomes.
Early detection and quick treatment with levothyroxine are essential in treating children with congenital hypothyroidism.
Half of the infants in the study had a delayed diagnosis of congenital hypothyroidism.
Women with higher-than-normal thyrotropin concentrations during pregnancy may be more likely to experience premature delivery.
Lower thyroid function was associated with a 1.24-fold higher risk for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
Physicians present viewpoints for and against treatment of subclinical hypothyroidism in a 60-year-old patient.
The risk was greater even for people with low-normal thyroid function.
The large study linking Agent Orange with adverse effects includes US veterans of the Korean War who also served in the Vietnam War.
Women with hyperthyroidism have increased breast cancer risk, while hypothyroidism is associated with decreased risk.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher Complications, Comorbidities in Youth With Type 2 Versus Type 1 Diabetes
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 3/24/17
- Hepatitis B Therapy Associated With Abnormal Bone Metabolism
- Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday Increases Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Diabetes Risk in Elderly Women Increased by Statin Use
- Do Gluten-Free Diets Elevate Type 2 Diabetes Risk?
- Fitbit Pitfalls: Electronic Tracking Devices May Not Provide Increased Weight Loss Benefits
- Differential Adverse Renal Effects With Dapagliflozin, Empagliflozin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Preoperative Glargine Dosing May Affect Perioperative Glycemic Control
- Q&A: Obtaining Informed Consent in Clinical Research
- Canagliflozin/Phentermine Results in Superior Weight Loss in Obesity Without Diabetes
- ENDO 2017: What To Watch For
- Metabolic Bone Toxicity Possible With Certain Hepatitis Antivirals
- Comparative Accuracy of Statin Eligbility Guidelines From the USPSTF, ACC/AHA for African Americans
- Revisiting the Legality of Curbside Consults in Clinical Practice