There are 14 states that perform a routine second screening in infants at approximately 2 weeks of age.
The association between maternal thyroid function in early pregnancy and child neurodevelopment was examined.
Investigators reviewed cases of patients with multiple sclerosis treated with alemtuzumab to determine the type and frequency of thyroid dysfunction.
The Endocrine Society, European Society of Endocrinology, and Pediatric Endocrine Society issue guidelines for the management of hypothalamic-pituitary and growth disorders in childhood cancer survivors.
This study sought to further examine the association between migraine and subclinical hypothyroidism.
Findings do not support a role for subclinical thyroid dysfunction as a biomarker for bone-related outcomes in older men.
Study aimed to evaluate the benefits of levothytoxine treatment on pregnancy outcomes in subclinical hypothyroid pregnant women who are negative for thyroid peroxidase antibody.
Thyroid ultrasonography, which may lead to the discovery of incidental nodules, anxiety, and high cost, is not required in evaluation for hypothyroidism.
Both over- and undertreatment of congenital hypothyroidism can result in negative behavioral outcomes.
Screening programs that measure T4 with reflex TSH in newborns with T4 below a specified cutoff have the potential to detect central congenital hypothyroidism (CCH) and have shown a higher prevalence of CCH than previously thought.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Self-Administered Contraceptive Vaginal System Approved for Up to 1 Year of Use
- Predictors of Weight Loss in Postpartum Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence