The therapy was also associated with reduced urinary calcium excretion and stable serum calcium concentration in patients with hypoparathyroidism.
PTH (1-84) for 7 years is linked to reduced calcium and calcitriol supplementation.
Shire announced the launch of Natpara (parathyroid hormone) for injection indicated as adjunct to calcium and vitamin D to control hypocalcemia in patients with hypoparathyroidism
The FDA has approved Natpara (parathyroid hormone) to control hypocalcemia in patients with hypoparathyroidism.
The FDA's Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee voted to recommend approval of recombinant human parathyroid hormone for hypoparathyroidism.
Patients with hypoparathyroidism may benefit from treatment with recombinant human parathyroid hormone.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation