Patients attending VA clinics may experience variability in testosterone prescribing practices for hypogonadism.
At 12 years of testosterone treatment, HbA1c decreased to 5.5±0.3%.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
There has been growing concern that testosterone replacement therapy is associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes.
Researchers have pinpointed harmonized references ranges for total testosterone levels in men.
Men treated with implantable testosterone pellets have a statistically significant increase in mean hematocrit, but it is unlikely to be clinically relevant.
Once-daily 2% testosterone solution (T-sol) is safe and effective for sex drive and energy in hypogonadal men.
Results showed a decreased prevalence of anemia and components of metabolic syndrome after 54 weeks of treatment.
Daily topical testosterone restored normal testosterone levels in hypogonadal men
Selective estrogen receptor modulators may offer a viable treatment option for men with secondary hypogonadism.
Acerus announced that its agreement with an affiliate of Endo International plc regarding the commercialization of Natesto (testosterone) nasal gel in the U.S. and Mexico will be terminated as of June 30, 2016.
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists issues position statement on CV risks of testosterone therapy.
Experts suggest that more studies are necessary to evaluate testosterone therapy in men with age-related hypogonadism.
Researchers observed no impact on rate of change of intima-media thickness, coronary artery calcium score.
Prostate cancer is more likely to be found in men with low testosterone vs. those with normal levels.
Quality studies are still needed to answer crucial questions about TRT and prostate cancer, cardiovascular risk.
These findings are based on data from more than 30,000 American men aged 40 years and older.
Undergoing testosterone replacement therapy didn't improve ejaculatory dysfunction in men with testosterone deficiency.
More than half have depression or depressive symptoms, and 25% are taking antidepressants.
Findings in older men with high cholesterol and low testosterone.
The benefits of testosterone therapy outweigh the risks, according to experts, and the FDA may need to rethink its stance.
Three doses of testosterone nasal gel may help normalize testosterone levels in men with hypogonadism.
Low-dose letrozole may help treat infertility in men with obesity-related hypogonadotropic hypogonadism.
The agency now requires prescription testosterone product labels to clarify the approved use of these medications and information on potential increased risks for heart attacks and stroke.
Long-term testosterone therapy did not increase incidence of prostate cancer in hypogonadal men.
Testosterone testing appears to be increasing, especially among men with comorbidities associated with hypogonadism.
Hypogonadism is disproportionately high in men with spinal cord injury, leading researchers to suggest a connection between the two conditions.
Older men with lower baseline testosterone experience greater increases in prostate-specific antigen with testosterone gel use.
Low testosterone may increase cardiovascular risk in middle-aged men with type 2 diabetes.
In rats, testosterone appeared to raise the risk for prostate tumor growth.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation