New recommendations have been developed for the prevention, detection, evaluation, and management of high blood pressure.
Only approximately half of pediatric patients with a blood pressure reading ≥95th percentile would be correctly classified based on their initial blood pressure reading.
A life-course study evaluated the contribution of vascular endothelial dysfunction and inflammation to the development of hypertension in type 1 diabetes.
Women with hypertensive disorders during pregnancy have a significantly greater risk for future cardiovascular disease when compared with normotensive expecting mothers.
The latest ADA hypertension position statement incorporates advances in care since 2003.
Patients with prediabetes who experienced intensive blood pressure management had better outcomes with CVD events and all-cause mortality.
The American Academy of Pediatrics released an update to previous hypertension management updates published in 2004.
Over 200 patients participated in the study of a novel immunoassay used to distinguish hypertension from hyperaldosteronism.
For patients with type 2 diabetes, visit-to-visit variability in systolic blood pressure may function as an independent predictor for cardiovascular events.
According to Journal of the American Heart Association, pregnant women with chronic hypertension using antihypertensive agents reduces the risk of hypertension without added risk to the fetus.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture