According to Journal of the American Heart Association, pregnant women with chronic hypertension using antihypertensive agents reduces the risk of hypertension without added risk to the fetus.
More than 40% of adolescents had either prehypertension or hypertension.
Findings suggest an inverse association between sodium intake and diastolic and systolic blood pressure levels.
Patients with endocrine hypertension experience a higher risk of cardiovascular issues, including stroke and death.
Researchers examined 24-hour and ambulatory blood pressure to determine the relationship between hypertension and low levels of vitamin D.
Data were collected from the Osteoarthritis Initiative to examine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and hypertension.
Lifestyle counseling, combined with diet and exercise, reduces hypertension and improves cardiovascular outcomes.
Elevated baseline blood pressure was linked to higher 6-month CVD incidence.
Ultra-low-dose combination therapy for hypertension has been found to significantly reduce blood pressure with few adverse side effects.
Results from the SPRINT trial showed that intensive therapy aimed at lowering systolic blood pressure did not change gait speed or mobility in older adults.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes