Investigators seek to determine he effects of continuous glucose monitoring on daytime and nocturnal hypoglycemia in patients with type 1 diabetes.
The authors advised clinicians to carefully consider which antipsychotics they prescribe their patients with metabolic dysfunction, as some are known to be diabetogenic.
Future research should further investigate the process and influences on clinician decision-making regarding individualizing glucose targets for high-risk geriatric patients, including the influence of training and practice environment.
Placebo-treated patients with diabetes commonly experienced a reduction in HbA1c, more markedly in augmented vs exclusively placebo-controlled treatment arms.
The rise of brain glucose levels is blunted during hyperglycemia in adults with obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Data from 2550 patients indicated a possible relationship between admission hyperglycemia and poststroke infection.
Children born to mothers with gestational diabetes had elevated rates of abnormal glucose tolerance and were more likely to be overweight or obese.
A new ADA and EASD position statement along with the ADA's revised Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes have surprising updates.
Type 1 diabetes patients experienced improved glucose control and less hypoglycemia with use of an artificial pancreas vs. sensor-augmented pump therapy.
Artificial sweeteners can potentially make blood glucose levels rise despite containing no calories.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging