A woman presents to the emergency department with lethargy and marked shortness of breath after being discharged from another hospital for pyelonephritis complicated by cardiac arrest.
A man presents to the emergency department having had palpitations for the past week, and he has a medical history of hypertension, obesity, and hyperlipidemia. What's the diagnosis?
A patient notes concerns with vision difficulty 4 years after undergoing a laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion with a duodenal switch.
A patient came to the clinic to discuss her dizzy spells 4 years after her Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
An older women with type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis experienced improvements with one condition at the expense of the other.
A type 1 diabetes patient presents to an outpatient facility agitated and slurring his words. Emergency medical help was called to assist the patient.
A patient, aged 60 years, was admitted to the hospital to undergo renal transplant therapy. He had a history of type 2 diabetes for 15 years.
When creating outpatient diabetes management plan, the patient's inpatient medication regimen should be considered but not necessarily replicated.
A patient diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia presents to the foot clinic after 1 month of swelling, redness, and warmth in the left foot.
A 25-year-old woman newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes presents with insidious onset of recurrent hypoglycemia and is given a CGM device.
After a patient's elective surgery was postponed due to glucose readings, an assessment of his medical profile and history were evaluated to manage his type 2 diabetes mellitus complications.
Heavy metal exposure from a patient's well water accelerated multisystem damage associated with diabetes.
A 33-year-old previously healthy woman, gravida 1, para 0, presented during her first trimester with palpitations and an increase in sweating.
Despite adhering to lifestyle modifications, a woman's glycemic control remains inadequate.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Type 2 Diabetes Associated With Increased Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Use of FSH in Early Diagnosis of Turner Syndrome
- Surgical Treatment Better Than Medical Therapy in Severely Obese Adolescents With T2D
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome