This week, Google Glass gets a second chance, regular intense exercise can lead to arterial plaques, and research questions if at-home blood sugar monitoring is worth the burden.
Ambitious journalism from ProPublica shares the stories of women who died from pregnancy-related complications, while Slate examines how data from our medical devices can be used against us in a court of law.
Egg donors face serious — and undocumented — consequences and Stanford University researchers share the results of a digital step-tracking study.
Maternal mortality rates in California plummet and 3 former US Surgeons General have called for the end of involuntary medical procedures on intersex infants.
This week, biotech companies examine alternatives to pancreas transplants for T1D and researchers analyze cardiovascular risk profile in conjunction with thyroid disease.
This week, more breastfeeding benefits, the downside of low BMI, and a profile of "the littlest lobbyist."
This week, the latest in islet cell transplantation, the "Uberization of medicine," and a possible link between Three Mile Island and thyroid cancer incidence.
This week, an AztraZeneca phase 3b trial yields positive results for type 2 diabetes therapy, researchers identify the molecular mechanism behind thyroid changes in hyperthyroidism, and the American Academy of Pediatrics revises a years-old dietary recommendation
This week, an NPR investigation highlights the sorely lacking focus of maternal health during pregnancy, and fennel takes the stage as a potential alternative to hormone therapy for postmenopausal symptoms.
In this week's super-sized Handoff, Endocrinology Advisor rounds up the most interesting news from the last month, with highlights including black market insulin, exercise addiction, and potential repercussions of the AHCA.
This week, find out which dietary changes may affect diabetes, learn about a genetic risk factor for hip fracture, and how older mothers are faring compared with their younger counterparts.
This week, researchers uncovered a rare genetic predisposition to thyroid cancer, The Endocrine Society released a clinical guideline for functional hypothalamic amenorrhea, and clinical trial data questions the efficacy of testosterone therapy for "low T."
This week, research challenges decades-old pregnancy advice, revisit commonly held exercise targets, and reexamine the benefits of wearing a continuous glucose monitor in patients without type 1 diabetes.
This week, read about a revolutionary option for blood glucose testing, influencers of health insurance customer satisfaction, and a Girl Scout cookie nutritional analysis.
This week, the GOP proposes a plan to repeal and replace the ACA, Silicon Valley tackles type 2 diabetes, and patients share their thoughts on social media sharing.
The Handoff is back with next steps on the ACA repeal, an examination of our love of vitamin D supplementation, and how to reduce memory loss in menopause.
This week, Senate Democrats continue their probe into Representative Tom Price, Americans share their concerns and hopes surrounding the promised ACA repeal, and learn how your sports team's win or loss affects your waistline.
In this week's Handoff, read about the FDA's approval of a new indication for a type 2 diabetes drug, and more.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Predictors of Success for Insulin-to-Liraglutide Switch for Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Pre-Pregnancy Programs May Improve Outcomes in Women With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- IV Fluid Infusion Rates Do Not Affect Pediatric DKA Neurologic Outcomes
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychiatric Morbidity Decreased After Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk