Researchers investigated the effects of growth hormone vs placebo, as well as the effects of sex steroid replacement therapy on bone mineral density in growth hormone-treated young adults with Prader-Willi syndrome who had attained adult height.
Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) agonists protect against diabetic retinopathy in animal modelJanuary 19, 2018
GHRH and GHRH receptor levels are decreased in diabetic rats and humans. Administration of GHRH agonists to diabetic rats reversed signs of diabetic retinopathy.
The guidelines focused on idiopathic short stature, growth hormone deficiency, and primary IGF-I deficiency.
However, researcher says high cost, need to get shots in clinics make it an unlikely osteoporosis treatment.
The FDA has approved the FlexPro PenMate is intended for users of Norditropin, which is indicated for patients with growth hormone-related disorders, who prefer hidden needles during injection.
Use of performance-enhancing substances are not just bad for the image of sport, but they also don't improve athletes' performance.
Ferring announced that the FDA has approved the name changes of its newly acquired products to be marketed as Zomacton (somatropin [rDNA origin]; formerly Tev-Tropin) for injection, and the needle-free delivery system as Zoma-Jet (formerly Tjet).
Researchers have discovered a single gene in a region of the X chromosome that may cause excessive growth in children.
The Endocrine Society has issued a clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly.
Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality may be increased in people with higher values of fasting growth hormone.
Patients with growth hormone deficiency reaped significant benefits in quality of live over the long term.
Study showing increased GH use among teens may have inherent flaws.
The percentage of teens using human growth hormone has more than doubled since 2012.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes
- Postoperative Radioactive Iodine Ablation Effective in Reducing Disease Recurrence in Low-Risk Thyroid Cancer