The risk for meningioma was not significantly higher in patients who did not receive radiotherapy.
Investigators sought to improve growth-monitoring programs by examining existing algorithms and examined the effect of using WHO vs national growth charts on algorithm performance.
Experts in the management of acromegaly provide new recommendations on the medical management of acromegaly since the last published update in 2014.
Monthly pasireotide injections may benefit patients with acromegaly who are resistant to first-generation somatostatin analogs.
The utility of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 for growth hormone testing in childhood cancer survivors was examined.
Researchers investigated the effects of growth hormone vs placebo, as well as the effects of sex steroid replacement therapy on bone mineral density in growth hormone-treated young adults with Prader-Willi syndrome who had attained adult height.
Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) agonists protect against diabetic retinopathy in animal modelJanuary 19, 2018
GHRH and GHRH receptor levels are decreased in diabetic rats and humans. Administration of GHRH agonists to diabetic rats reversed signs of diabetic retinopathy.
The guidelines focused on idiopathic short stature, growth hormone deficiency, and primary IGF-I deficiency.
However, researcher says high cost, need to get shots in clinics make it an unlikely osteoporosis treatment.
The FDA has approved the FlexPro PenMate is intended for users of Norditropin, which is indicated for patients with growth hormone-related disorders, who prefer hidden needles during injection.
Use of performance-enhancing substances are not just bad for the image of sport, but they also don't improve athletes' performance.
Ferring announced that the FDA has approved the name changes of its newly acquired products to be marketed as Zomacton (somatropin [rDNA origin]; formerly Tev-Tropin) for injection, and the needle-free delivery system as Zoma-Jet (formerly Tjet).
Researchers have discovered a single gene in a region of the X chromosome that may cause excessive growth in children.
The Endocrine Society has issued a clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly.
Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality may be increased in people with higher values of fasting growth hormone.
Patients with growth hormone deficiency reaped significant benefits in quality of live over the long term.
Study showing increased GH use among teens may have inherent flaws.
The percentage of teens using human growth hormone has more than doubled since 2012.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses