Growth Hormone Deficiency
Investigators examined the reliability of the clonidine test in children with short stature who had been evaluated for suspected growth hormone deficiency.
Investigators sought to improve growth-monitoring programs by examining existing algorithms and examined the effect of using WHO vs national growth charts on algorithm performance.
The Endocrine Society, European Society of Endocrinology, and Pediatric Endocrine Society issue guidelines for the management of hypothalamic-pituitary and growth disorders in childhood cancer survivors.
The guidelines focused on idiopathic short stature, growth hormone deficiency, and primary IGF-I deficiency.
Chronic hypopituitarism was noted in 44% of US veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
The FDA has approved the FlexPro PenMate is intended for users of Norditropin, which is indicated for patients with growth hormone-related disorders, who prefer hidden needles during injection.
Ferring announced that the FDA has approved the name changes of its newly acquired products to be marketed as Zomacton (somatropin [rDNA origin]; formerly Tev-Tropin) for injection, and the needle-free delivery system as Zoma-Jet (formerly Tjet).
Patients with growth hormone deficiency reaped significant benefits in quality of live over the long term.
Significantly higher risk of hemorrhagic stroke in early adulthood seen with treatment.
Growth hormone treatment may increase depression and withdrawal symptoms in children with growth hormone deficiency or idiopathic short stature.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Estradiol, Cortisol, TGF-β1 Involved in Thyroid Immunity During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Pharmacotherapy Personalization May Optimize Outcomes for Type 2 Diabetes
- Late-Onset Epilepsy Linked to Diabetes
- Examining the Ethical Considerations of Grateful Patient Fundraising
- Muscle Cell Proﬁles Relate to Exercise Response Variation in Type 2 Diabetes