Growth Hormone Deficiency
The guidelines focused on idiopathic short stature, growth hormone deficiency, and primary IGF-I deficiency.
Chronic hypopituitarism was noted in 44% of US veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
The FDA has approved the FlexPro PenMate is intended for users of Norditropin, which is indicated for patients with growth hormone-related disorders, who prefer hidden needles during injection.
Ferring announced that the FDA has approved the name changes of its newly acquired products to be marketed as Zomacton (somatropin [rDNA origin]; formerly Tev-Tropin) for injection, and the needle-free delivery system as Zoma-Jet (formerly Tjet).
Patients with growth hormone deficiency reaped significant benefits in quality of live over the long term.
Significantly higher risk of hemorrhagic stroke in early adulthood seen with treatment.
Growth hormone treatment may increase depression and withdrawal symptoms in children with growth hormone deficiency or idiopathic short stature.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Improving Vascular Function in Pediatric T1D With Metformin
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation