One practicing endocrinologist ponders whether mentoring medical students requires more than imparting knowledge.
The female athlete triad includes low energy availability, menstrual dysfunction, and low bone density.
Modest changes were recorded in patients' weight, fasting glucose, and glycated hemoglobin levels with long-term schizophrenia therapy.
Serum 25(OH) D levels were associated with chronic tension-type headaches, musculoskeletal pain, and muscle weakness.
Researchers examined the link between insulin resistance, fasting insulin and glucose, glycated hemoglobin, and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and decreased cognitive performance.
Researchers identified a 15-fold increase in diagnoses of vitamin D deficiency in children between 2008 and 2014.
The Endocrine Society has pledged to support legal efforts aimed at overturning the president's executive order.
Middle-aged men with low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) concentrations had a markedly higher risk of frequent headache.
For older women, low vitamin D is associated with incident frailty.
Pokémon Go provided a slight, short-term boost to adults' physical activity levels, but it didn't last, according to a study published in the Christmas issue of The BMJ.
Low levels of neonatal vitamin D may be linked with risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes