One practicing endocrinologist ponders whether mentoring medical students requires more than imparting knowledge.
The female athlete triad includes low energy availability, menstrual dysfunction, and low bone density.
Modest changes were recorded in patients' weight, fasting glucose, and glycated hemoglobin levels with long-term schizophrenia therapy.
Serum 25(OH) D levels were associated with chronic tension-type headaches, musculoskeletal pain, and muscle weakness.
Researchers examined the link between insulin resistance, fasting insulin and glucose, glycated hemoglobin, and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and decreased cognitive performance.
Researchers identified a 15-fold increase in diagnoses of vitamin D deficiency in children between 2008 and 2014.
The Endocrine Society has pledged to support legal efforts aimed at overturning the president's executive order.
Middle-aged men with low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) concentrations had a markedly higher risk of frequent headache.
For older women, low vitamin D is associated with incident frailty.
Pokémon Go provided a slight, short-term boost to adults' physical activity levels, but it didn't last, according to a study published in the Christmas issue of The BMJ.
Low levels of neonatal vitamin D may be linked with risk of developing multiple sclerosis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Positive Outcomes Associated With Regular Depression Screening in T2D
- Parathyroidectomy for Secondary, Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism Increases Morbidity and Mortality
- Reversing Type 1 Diabetes May Be Possible With Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Acceptable Variability With Novel Sensor for Glucose Monitoring in T2D
- Liraglutide, Metformin, and Gliclazide Compared in Comorbid Type 2 Diabetes and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 7/21/17
- Link Between Diabetes and Hospital Readmission Rates
- Metabolic Profile, Weight Increases Assessed in Ziprasidone Augmentation for Major Depressive Disorder
- Pediatric Respiratory and Atopic Outcomes With Free Sugar Consumption In Pregnancy
- Surgical Wound Complications With Staples, Sutures in Women With Obesity