Current oral contraceptive products contain lower doses of estrogen than those used in the past, prompting reconsideration of risks and benefits.
Diazoxide treatment in children with congenital hyperinsulinism is associated most commonly with neutropenia, but also carries a risk for pulmonary hypertension.
The Company is investigating the treatment as a combination with nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane; Celgene) for pancreatic cancers and other solid tumors.
One-third of the women enrolled in Michigan's Medicaid expansion program reported improved access to birth control and family planning services.
There is a reduction in ovarian cancer risk associated with use of contemporary combined hormonal contraceptives.
The upper level of vitamin D recommended by the Endocrine Society can result in frequent hypercalciuria.
First-phase and glucose-potentiation of arginine-induced insulin secretion as assessed by acute C-peptide responses improved after the initiation of ivacaftor in children with cystic fibrosis.
Increases in use of one or more contraceptive methods, dual-method use, long-acting reversibles.
1 in 3 women of reproductive age report better ability to access birth control, family planning services.
The prenatal sex steroid theory hypothesizes that women with PCOS would have heightened autistic traits and an increased rate of autism among their children.
New-onset adult diabetes mellitus appears to be both a risk factor for and a sequelae of pancreatic cancer.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Severity of Metabolic Syndrome Indicates Risk for T2D, CVD in Prediabetes Treatment
- Atherosclerosis Progression Differs According to Timing of Estradiol Therapy After Menopause
- Sharp Decrease in US Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040
- Patients With Diabetes Have Higher Risk for Death From Alcohol, Accidents, Suicide
- Fertility Rates Decreasing in US for All Urbanization Levels