General Endocrinology Feature Archive
One practicing endocrinologist ponders whether mentoring medical students requires more than imparting knowledge.
The role of uncertainty in clinical practice, and its implications for physicians, is thoughtfully examined by an endocrinologist in this opinion piece.
Although the underlying pathophysiology of homeostasis-related headaches is not yet clearly defined, the nervous and endocrine systems are thought to be involved through the maintenance of homeostasis.
Even the addition of a cash incentive did not result in significant health benefits for patients using activity trackers.
As our aging workforce expands, a decreasing number of young investigators are applying for National Institute of Health (NIH) R01-equivalent grants.
Decreased caloric intake was linked to improvements in mood, sleep quality, and sexual drive.
Although many clinicians applaud the big-picture approach of the new guidelines, some have taken issue with certain recommendations.
Consensus group focuses on prevention and treatment of exercise-associated hyponatremia.
Changes in adipose tissue precede the development of cachexia symptoms, and suggest a treatment approach.
Primarily used in food and drink packaging, ingestion of bisphenol A has been linked to obesity, diabetes and reproductive disorders.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis