FOLLISTIM AQ VIAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Follitropin beta (recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone) 75 IU, 150 IU; per vial; soln for SC or IM inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for FOLLISTIM AQ VIAL:
Stimulation of multiple follicles in ovulatory patients undergoing Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART). Induction of ovulation in patients with functional anovulatory infertility that is not due to ovarian failure.
Individualize. ART: initially 150–225 IU daily in the early follicular phase (at least first 4 days), then adjust based on response; max 600 IU. Ovulation induction: initially 75 IU daily for up to 14 days; then adjust weekly by 37.5 IU based on response; max 300 IU. Both: induce final maturation of follicles or ovulation with 5000–10000 IU of hCG (see Precautions).
Ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal disease. Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding. Ovarian cysts or enlargement. Tumor of pituitary, breast, ovary, or uterus. Streptomycin or neomycin allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Thromboembolic disorders. Do not give hCG if high estrogen levels or excessive numbers of ovarian follicles by ultrasound indicate a high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
OHSS with pulmonary and vascular complications, ovarian enlargement or cysts, abdominal pain (discontinue if occurs), local reactions, risk of high order multiple births.
Cartridge (w. needles)—1
Follistim Pen (w. needles)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity