FLUZONE INTRADERMAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); 0.1mL dose contains a total of 27mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; formulation changes annually; susp for intradermal inj.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUZONE INTRADERMAL:
18–64yrs: One dose per year. 0.1mL intradermally in the region of the deltoid.
<18yrs: not recommended. Use Fluzone IM.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C for IM and High-Dose; Cat.B for Intradermal, Intradermal Quadrivalent). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness, swelling, erythema), malaise, headache, myalgia, irritability.
Fluzone, Fluzone Quadrivalent prefilled syringe (0.25mL, 0.5mL)—10; Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone multi-dose vial (5mL)—1 (contains thimerosal); Fluzone High-Dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent single-dose prefilled microinjection system (0.1mL)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight