Generic Name and Formulations:
Fludarabine phosphate 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free; contains mannitol.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for FLUDARA:
B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in patients who have not responded to or whose disease progressed during treatment with at least 1 alkylating-agent containing regimen.
Give by IV infusion over 30 minutes. 25mg/m2 daily for 5 days every 28 days. Renal dysfunction (CrCl 30–70mL/min): reduce dose by 20%; CrCl <30mL/min: not recommended. Give for 3 cycles after the max response. Reduce or delay dose if toxicity occurs.
Myelosuppression. Evaluate and monitor for hemolysis. Monitor blood (esp CBC, platelets). Use irradiated blood products if transfusions are required. May need to prophylax for tumor lysis syndrome with large tumors. Renal insufficiency. Delay or stop therapy if neurotoxicity occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Severe pulmonary toxicity with pentostatin (not recommended).
Myelosuppression (severe/cumulative), bone marrow hypoplasia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia (fatal/severe), infection, fever, chills, GI upset, malaise, fatigue, CNS effects (eg, weakness, agitation, confusion, visual disturbances, coma, peripheral neuropathy), pneumonia, pulmonary hypersensitivity (eg, dyspnea, interstitial pulmonary infiltrate), stomatitis, GI bleeding, edema, tumor lysis syndrome, rash, hemorrhagic cystitis (rare); others.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D