FLUCELVAX QUADRIVALENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quadrivalent, inactivated, "subunit" influenza vaccine (virus types A and B); contains a total of 60mcg of hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; antibiotic-free.
Indications for FLUCELVAX QUADRIVALENT:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. Each dose is 0.5mL by IM inj once in the deltoid. 4–8yrs: 1 or 2 doses at least 4wks apart (depending on vaccination history as per annual ACIP recommendation). ≥9yrs: 1 dose.
Use current formulation only. Have appropriate medical treatment and supervision readily available. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, erythema, induration), headache, fatigue, myalgia; syncope.
Single-dose prefilled syringe 0.5mL (preservative-free)—10 (without needles); Multi-dose vial 5mL (contains thimerosal)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally