Ofloxacin Otic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ofloxacin Otic Solution:
Otitis externa in adults and children. Chronic suppurative otitis media in adults with perforated tympanic membrane. Acute otitis media in children with tympanostomy tubes.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. Otitis externa: 6mos–13yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. ≥13yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. Both: treat for 7 days. Acute otitis media: 1–12yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 10 days. Chronic suppurative otitis media: ≥12yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pruritus, taste perversion, local reactions, dizziness, earache, headache, vertigo, superinfection, paresthesia, rash.
Formerly known under the brand name Floxin Otic.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Testosterone Prescribing Trends in the United States Between 2002 and 2016
- The Future of Food and Drug Regulation: Trump Administration Proposes Reorganization of FDA, USDA
- Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block May Increase Time to First Opioid Request in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment