FLAGYL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 750mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for FLAGYL ER:
Bacterial vaginosis in non-pregnant women.
Swallow whole. Take 1hr before or 2hrs after meals. 750mg once daily for 7 days. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Hemodialysis: consider dose supplementation after session.
Premenarche: not established.
Pregnancy (1st trimester for trichomoniasis). Within 2 weeks of disulfiram (possible psychotic reactions). Concomitant alcohol during or at least 3 days after treatment.
Discontinue if abnormal neurological symptoms occur. Candidiasis. History of blood dyscrasias. Monitor for leukopenia; do CBCs before, during and after therapy. IV: risk of severe/fatal hepatotoxicity in Cockayne Syndrome; obtain LFTs (at baseline, within first 2–3 days after starting, frequently during therapy, and after completion); discontinue if elevated. Hepatic or renal impairment; monitor. Elderly: monitor serum levels. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, lithium; monitor. Avoid concomitant busulfan; if needed, adjust busulfan dose and monitor. May be antagonized by phenobarbital, phenytoin, other hepatic enzyme inducers. May impair phenytoin clearance. May be potentiated by cimetidine, other hepatic enzyme inhibitors. IV: may potentiate 5-FU, vecuronium, CYP3A4 substrates (eg, amiodarone, tacrolimus, cyclosporine,carbamazepine, phenytoin, quinidine); monitor. May interfere with serum chemistry tests.
Nausea, headache, anorexia, vomiting, metallic taste, dysuria, cystitis; seizures, encephalopathy, optic/peripheral neuropathy, aseptic meningitis.
Tabs—50, 100; ER—30; Caps 375mg—50
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits