EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 250mg, aspirin 250mg, caffeine 65mg; caplets.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH:
Minor aches and pains.
Take with full glass of water. 2 caplets every 6 hours as needed; max 8 caplets/day.
NSAID allergy. Varicella, vaccinia in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Reye's syndrome. Persistent or unresponsive headache. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Peptic ulcer. GI bleeding disorders. Liver cirrhosis. Hepatic or renal impairment. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of GI bleed, tinnitus, loss of hearing, or new symptoms occur. Reevaluate if pain worsens or persists for >10 days or if fever worsens or persists for >3 days. Elderly (≥60yrs). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + salicylate.
May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. May antagonize uricosurics. Increased risk of liver toxicity and/or GI bleed with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day or concomitant other drugs containing acetaminophen, NSAIDs. Caution with diuretics, corticosteroids.
Gastric upset, prolonged bleeding time, urticaria, anaphylaxis; overdosage: salicylism, hepatoxicity.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture