Generic Name and Formulations:
Purified water, MultiSal Neolipids*, glyceryl stearate, squalane, glycerin, PEG-100 stearate, hydroxypropyl bispalmitamide MEA (ceramide), petrolatum, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, cholesterol, conjugated linoleic acid, citric acid, palmitic acid, xanthan gum, potassium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, sorbic acid, capric acid; controlled-release skin barrier emulsion; steroid-, fragrance-free. *Proprietary microencapsulation system for gradual delivery of key ingredients including ceramide, conjugated linoleic acid,cholesterol and palmitic acid (formulated with E.Cerifera [Candelilla] wax, corn syrup solids and modified food starch).
Indications for EPICERAM:
To treat dry skin conditions and to manage and relieve burning and itching associated with various types of dermatoses, including atopic dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, and radiation dermatitis.
Adults and Children:
Apply thin layer to affected areas 2 times per day (or as needed). Massage gently into skin. If skin is broken, cover with dressing. Apply following radiation therapy.
Reevaluate if no improvement within 10–14 days. Use in conjunction with sunscreen in sun exposed areas.
Do not apply within 4hrs prior to radiation therapy.
Tingling sensation at application site.
Emulsion—90g (tube); 100g, 225g (airless pump); 400g (Quad Pack: 4×100g airless pumps)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Admelog Short-Acting Insulin Lispro Injection
- Fertility Hormone Therapy and Cardiovascular Outcomes: What We Know
- Effects of Peer Influence in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- More Evidence That Saxagliptin Does Not Increase Risk for AMI in Diabetes
- One-Hour Glucose Readings Predict T2D Risk Better Than 2-Hour Measurements
- FDA: Vitamin B7 May Interfere With Lab Tests for Hormone Levels
- Injected and Oral Medications Equally Safe for Gestational Diabetes
- Adjunctive Dapagliflozin Improves Glycemic Control in T1D
- Estradiol Therapy May Benefit Overall Cognition in Postmenopausal Women
- Stopping Postmenopausal HT May Increase Risk for Cardiac, Stroke Death
- Psychosocial Benefits of a Bihormonal Bionic Pancreas System in T1D
- Safety of Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Diabetes
- Oral Insulin Not a Reliable Preventive Strategy for Type 1 Diabetes
- Prevention of Bone Mineral Density Loss Needed in Epilepsy
- Gastric Bypass Blunts B-Cell Sensitivity During Glycemia